Keep the decorations safe by learning how to keep the dog away from the Christmas tree!
Recently, we helped readers with cat tips!
Now, we want to help you dog proof and keep your pet away from the tree!
Keep your Puppy out of the Christmas Tree
Little pets can create a big mess! Many pet owners can contest to that! Each and every year people just like you and I struggle to keep our dog out of the Christmas decorations?!
However, not this year!
If you are looking for the following questions:
- How to keep your dog out of the Christmas tree?
- Do you own a dog and trying to figure out how to keep it out of the tree?
Don’t worry your tree will be safe with these helpful suggestions!
- After you set the Christmas tree up, tie the ribbons, leave it for a day or two. After the dogs figure out it’s not something that they really like that’s when you decorate it.
- It may be the lights, the shiny ornaments, but dogs love trees! Therefore, avoid edible ornaments! In fact, try these super cool shatterproof ornaments!
- Keep the area around your tree free from small toys, ribbons, and items that will attract the dog easier.
- Puppies hate tin foil if they get curious about the tree put tin foil around the base of the tree.
- Don’t let your dog drink the tree water! It can be dangerous for dogs. Instead, be sure to have your tree water dish covered. Perhaps, something like this could be helpful.
- Keep your tree with a gate around it. You can do this by purchasing a small gate or fence. Perhaps, another idea is to purchase a pet door that your dog may have to stay out of the area where the Christmas tree may have to be located for the short time.
- If need be another idea is to purchase a small tree that could be kept up on a counter, desk, or tabletop. Did you know they actually have Christmas trees that you can hang upside down? True story! If you are as curious as I am take a look here! It’s wild right?! Who would have thought? I am assuming they have to be a pet owner themself!